I'm following Autum's lead, and doing a "Gratitude Friday". I've been wanting to do this for a while, but never got around to it. The picture above is me with the kids almost a year ago, last Mother's Day. Boy, I sure look different now! It is amazing how much can change in a year. This time last year I was still getting used to being a mom of two, never in my wildest dreams did I think that a year later I'd be a mother of three. It really blows my mind.
I am most grateful for being alive. It is so easy to take for granted the little things, like being able to get out of bed in the morning and walk across the room. I am so grateful that I can do those things. I am grateful for my family, my husband and children - what a blessing they are! When I see my children playing nicely together it makes my heart swell. I've been a bit worried about how #3 will fit in, but seeing how Lily and Alex interact I should have nothing to worry about. I really could go on and on about Matt. He has been so wonderful to me. He should receive the best Dad in the world award, Lily and Alex are lucky to have him. I do not think I could survive this pregnancy without him. He is quick to take care of the kid's needs and do whatever I need him to, really. I am grateful that we have a happy life with few stresses and worries. I realize that those things we worry about are small in the big scheme of things. We have our health, our well being, a roof over our heads, food to eat, clothes on our backs - what more do we need? I could go on and on, but I'll save that for later. Now for the little things.
I am grateful for:
- my bed, my sofa, any soft surface that I can recline on
- my blogging buddies - your comments and the surprises in the mail sure make my day
- apples with peanut butter - a sweet snack that doesn't shoot my blood sugar through the roof
- my kid's kisses
- my Mother-in-law for cooking supper for us twice this week, picking up the kids a few days this week, and cleaning my house
- Proin, the medication that lessens my geriatric dog's leakiness
- polka dots, just because they make me happy
- spring flowers
- the baby's kicks in my tummy, which reassure me that everything is okay
- meals shared with friends
I hope you all have wonderful weekend. I plan to make the most of mine with lots of rest and family time.