It's been one of those weeks. Not really bad, but not really good either. Definitely not crafty. I am glad that it's over because I am ready for the weekend.
I'd say the best way to describe this week is frustrating. I felt like though I tried, I never could get anything accomplished. For instance, I finally finished folding all the laundry I washed last weekend, but it isn't put up and now the hamper is full and ready to be washed again. So frustrating. I would have liked at least a few days where I didn't have to worry about laundry, or anything house cleaning related (like that's ever gonna happen).
Then there's the sewing studio. I really wanted to get in there to finish up some things, but I never had the chance. I'd get to go up there for about 5 minutes, then someone needed me. I feel like when I finally post a picture of the whole room it's going to be a total letdown. There are still so many things to do in there. I have a picture in my mind of how I want it to be, but it isn't turning out that way. Again, so frustrating.
I've had a few people ask me how Weight Watchers is going. It's going okay. As of my last weigh in, which was week 3, I had lost a total of 6 lbs. I decided to change things up a bit by switching to core this past week because I noticed that I was spending too many points on junk (damn those 100 calorie Hershey bars!). I was doing well until a retirement party at work yesterday. I was weak. I caved to party foods. Those cocktail weenies and all those sour cream based dips were calling my name. Definitely not core and way out of the realm of my 35 weekly points allowance. When I weighed myself this morning I was 2 lbs heavier than yesterday. Yes, I know that it is water gain (I bloat like a dead fish), but still, so FRUSTRATING! I think I'm going to use my "No Weigh-In Pass" tomorrow. I can't deal with the scale going up.
Despite all my frustrations, I am grateful for many things. Here is my oh so random list of gratitudes:
- Ava's first morning smiles. They make any frustrating morning better. How can you be in a bad mood after that?
- Coffee. I couldn't make it through a day without it. I think my favorite time of day is when I enjoy my morning cup of coffee. I'm usually enjoying it while I'm pumping, which isn't so much fun, but the coffee makes it better.
- The customer service department of Hollister, who makes my Ameda Purely Yours breast pump. I emailed them late last week asking where I can get my pump serviced because it wasn't working well and was making a weird noise. After not hearing from them by Tuesday, I was about to make a call to complain about their lack of response. Good thing I didn't because there was a new breast pump at my front door when I got home that afternoon.
- All of you who stop by this blog to read and make comments. It makes me so happy when I get comments. Though I don't always respond to everyone, I do read them all, I promise.
- I feel like I should knock on some wood - we made it through a week without someone getting sick. Hooray!
- Whoopee cushions. They have provided my family lots of entertainment this week. I'm not ashamed to admit it, I like potty humor.
- Though so frustrating, I am so grateful that I have a house to mess up, clothes to wear, and a sewing room all to myself.
Have a great weekend!!!