One of the things I like about blogging is being able to go back and read what I've written. I always seem to make new year's resolutions, but rarely do I remember them at year's end. If I had written them down, rarely can I remember where I wrote them. That is not the case this year. My 2006 goals were blogged for all the world to see! Let's see how I made out:
General Crafting Goals:
- Track money spent on fabric/craft supplies. I did this until I had Ava. Once I went on maternity leave all hell broke loose. Those 5 months that I recorded my purchases I learned that I spent waaaaayyy too much money on craft supplies. I have a problem!
- Set up specific time to craft/sew. Never happened.
- Make money with my handmade goods. I made a teensy tiny bit, but not nearly enough to support my habit.
- Finish my sewing studio. It's kind of finished, good enough.
- Make some jewelry, especially necklaces. I made a few, good enough to check this off my list.
- Finish two paintings that I've begun. Didn't happen.
- Experiment with paper and fabric cards. I did a little.
- Participate in more swaps. Check
- Berkley's duvet cover. Check.
- Second String swap. Check.
- Make a rag quilt for the baby. Nope.
- New purse for spring. Check.
- Diaper bag. Nope.
- Skirts for me. Check. Check. Check...
- Nursing tops for me. Check.
- Finish the nursery: (bed skirt, coverlet, roman shade). Made the bed skirt, bought the coverlet, never got around to the roman shade.
- Finish my bedroom: (paint, drapery panels, table skirt, bed skirt, pillows). Never happened.
- Make a roman shade for the kids bathroom and paint walls. Nope.
- Lily's room: (repair pillows, cafe curtains). I made the curtains, but still haven't hung them. Never did repair those pillows.
- Start kitchen remodel: (refinish cabinets, new counter tops, new flooring). Not even close to starting this.
I had 20 goals in all. Overall, I did best on my Sewing goals. I completed 5 out of my 7 goals. My General Crafting goals came in second, with 4 completes, 2 half dones, and 2 incompletes. And last was my Household goals. My poor house has suffered! I didn't complete any of my goals, only half finished 2 of them, and didn't do a thing with 3 of them. Oh well, there's always next year. That's it, 2007 will be the "Year of the House".
At first glance I didn't think I did too well, but after further reviewing it, I think I did okay. More than half of my goals were completed or half way done. Well, I guess that isn't stellar, but better than not completing any at all! Hmmm, I suppose now it's time to start thinking about my 2007 goals.