When I sit down to write one of these gratitude friday posts, I often feel like a broken record, but can we ever be grateful enough for a healthy family and good friends? I think not.
On this beautiful fall Friday, I am most grateful for:
- my sweet little family. When I think about how much those 4 people mean to me, my heart aches. They are my world.
- fun size snickers (!!!)
- getting my sleepy butt out of bed Sunday morning to go to Mass to hear a homily that spoke to me. Seriously, I'm still thinking about those words today. To be honest, I didn't want to go, but Lily was an alter server, so I had to. I think it was meant to be.
- fall. I don't think I need to explain. A cool front came through yesterday to relieve us of the insane heat and humidity. RELIEF!!
- my friends at work. If it weren't for my friends, I do believe that place would drive me insane. And today is special because we're celebrating a birthday, which means going out for lunch. Yay!
- boots. Don't tell Matt, but these hopped into my cart the other day...I can't wait for them to arrive. If you decide to indulge, they run big, so order a half size smaller than you would normally wear - I tried them on in the store, but the on-line deals were better (you can use 3 coupon codes!), so that's how they were purchased.
- Papa Murphy's (it's nice to take a break every now and then)
- observing my kidlets at play. They have such imaginations! That there is a "recipe", as described by Ava (grass, roses, spanish moss??). I'm so glad my kids love to be outside playing with their friends and each other more than being couch potatoes sucked into the TV.
- beautiful pink sunsets
- Matt :)
Friends, take a look at your life. I challenge you to find the extraordinary in the ordinary - it's there, I promise. It's amazing what a difference a change in perspective makes.
Happy weekend :)