Hello Friday! You sure got here quickly this week - no complaining for me!! Because this week has been a blur, I feel the need to just do a random brain dump:
- having a cold sucks, especially when you're pregnant, can't breathe and it is almost 100 degrees outside
- banana splits make me happy
- i'm feeling the urge to make myself some new necklaces, either really long to be looped around multiple times or somewhat short - all made from light weight beads. my usual chunky necklaces feel like they're strangling me right now.
- i can't believe that i'm at the half way point in this pregnancy
- i'm already starting to go into nesting mode. fitting one more body into our already too small space has been heavy on my mind. sure, we could move to a bigger house, but i don't think that's practical in this economy and i don't want to. i most certainly don't want a bigger mortgage! we're going to make this work. kids sharing spaces never hurt anybody.
- i've decided to give up my sewing studio. when i thought about it, i realized that it's really just a storage area for all my stuff while the kids spend more time there. it's only fair that i move my stuff out to make that more their space with their toys and such. plus, (here comes the selfish part) their spending time up there gives me some peace and quiet :)
- i need to do some MAJOR purging of crafting/sewing supplies. it isn't going to be fun.
- i'm taking an on-line watercolor class right now. we're only at exploring materials and i'm already intimidated. well, playing with the materials is fun, but i have no idea where i'll go next
- my tomatoes are taking forever to ripen. i thought for sure that i'd have red tomatoes when i got back from vacation, but nope. just a ton of green ones.
- i'm still amazed that I can actually grow food. the whole process fascinates me
- i feel guilty telling my kids to clean up their room when my own is a complete mess right now
- ava keeps taking pictures on my phone when she's supposed to be playing games. little stinker
- i'll have a 7 yr old next week. the boy is the caboose of our family birthday train. he couldn't be more excited! i guess i should start thinking about gifts and birthday cake, yet again.
- we have a ball game, a birthday party and a bridal shower to attend this weekend. i don't think i'm going to make it all. and that's fine by me
- when i was a kid i used to *love* pickle scratch-n-sniff stickers. and the pizza scented ones. huh? where did that come from? oh well.
Okay, I think that just about does it. TGIF - have a great weekend, friends! Try to stay cool if it's steamy hot where you are. I'll be sipping LOTS of lemonade while enjoying my cool a/c (trying to get over this stupid cold!).