Oh lordy, what a week! I couldn’t be happier that Friday is finally here. Now that our soccer seasons are over, we have a little more breathing room on the weekends, which is very much looked forward to. Well, there’s still things going on, but different things.
To end this week on a high note, I’ve decided to reflect on those things that I am grateful for. On this beautiful Friday, I am most grateful for:
- the gorgeous weather we’ve been experiencing. it seems that we really are having a spring. with a non-existent winter, I was afraid that we’d jump right into the scorcher temps, so this is a pleasant surprise.
- the antics of Ava. Oh my, that girl. this was yesterday. I can’t help but laugh at her. it saddens me a little that when I was taking this picture she told me “don’t put this on anything”. she’s growing up! and yes, I’m the bad mom who didn’t listen and put her picture on the internet.
- good insurance agents. after a few nerve wracking days, we’re fully insured again. it’s a long story, but last weekend we found out that our homeowners insurance had dropped us, so there was a scramble come Monday morning to get things straightened out. I don’t have time for that kind of aggravation!! thankfully, I was able to find a NEW insurance agent who took care of us, and now we’re good.
- Y’all!! my goodness, I was blown away at the response to my pattern tester request. I never imagined that so many of you were willing to help. I haven’t figured out how I’ll choose, I may have to do a drawing or something. Thank you!
- my new spring/summer uniform. this week some dresses I ordered from Target arrived and I love them. most importantly, they FIT! they’re comfortable, flattering and easy to wear (and I can nurse in them). I’m sure my friends and family will get sick of seeing me wear them. now my challenge is mixing them up with accessories and cardis (and maybe some new sandals)
- The Scribble Diary – so much fun! this book arrived on my doorstep last week from the publisher (surprise!). it’s a journal, but different. there are prompts to jog your brain and space to doodle. I’ve been doing a page an day and really have enjoyed it. doodling doesn’t come naturally to me, so this has opened a new creative outlet.
- tax refunds – wahoo!
- feeling inspired again, thanks to working through some mental blocks (my scribble journal played a part in that)
Ah, and now it is the weekend! we’ve got the kids’ school Spring Festival on the agenda as well as a visit from friend. I’m choosing to not think about all the laundry waiting for me :)
Have a great one, friends!!