For the first time in my blog’s existence, I feel like I’ve lost my voice. After 7 years, it was bound to happen. I’m not ready to end this thing, so I’ve decided to do some planning. I am NOT a planner. Plans make me feel claustrophobic and urge me to be defiant. Perhaps I shouldn’t use the word plan, but structure instead. Structure I can deal with, plans, not so much.
Okay, so my blog will now have some structure. I’m not talking every day of the week structure, but a day or two set aside for specific purposes, like Gratitude Friday. I always enjoy my Gratitude Friday posts, so I’m not sure why I don’t stick with them on a regular basis.
A big excuse I’ve been leaning on lately (okay, the last year and a half) is that I don’t have enough time. Sure, that may be true, but when has that not ever been true? I often wonder how in the heck I kept up with my blog when Ava came along. That’s when I had 2 in diapers and a kindergartener. That was a crazy insane time, for sure.
I guess the point of all this is that after feeling like I lost this blog, I’m committing to reclaim it. You can expect to see me here at least 3 times a week (eek!) with some regular features. That, my friends, sounds like a plan (ha!).
So, on this fine Friday I am ever so grateful for:
- sewing night with Cathy. I can’t wait to show you what I made! of course, the sewing part is secondary
- getting lost in my knitting
- red wine :)
- mock garlic mashed potatoes. y’all, these are good!
- discovering a new café in town with delicious food (I can’t stop thinking about that roasted eggplant soup)
- wrap dresses – they simply work for me. I always feel comfortable and confident in them, why do I even bother with other dresses?
- a helpful big sister who don’t mind tending to her baby sister
- the cheerful cashier who clearly enjoys her job. her cheeriness is contagious.
- an encouraging husband who listens to me whine (and doesn’t whine back)
- finding the time to flip through a magazine
- blooming zinnias
Really, I think I could go on and on. It’s been a good week, but it wasn’t until I started listing things out that I realized how good it really was. Now those little nagging “problems” don’t seem like such a big deal.
Have a great weekend, friends!