Oh, what a week this has been! It started with summer’s end then ended with the start of school. On Wednesday, my crew all went back to school. Lily started 6th grade, Alex 3rd, Ava 1st, Matt started teaching a new class, and Ceci started going to a new sitter (new to her, not to us – she has cared for my other three). Crazy! We’re back to old routines while starting new ones.
I feel like I have so much to tell you, but can’t find the time to sit down to do so. Knowing that I need some creative time, I planned to do a little sewing on Wed. night. By the time I got everyone into bed and the kitchen cleaned up, it was 11:00!! Instead of turning on my sewing machine I turned out the light and went to bed.
I’d like to say that I’ll get to do a little something this weekend, but Lily is playing in a soccer tournament, so it’s not going to happen. I’ll be honest, there have been moments this week when I questioned it all – all this busy-ness. I knew it was coming, I’ve been dreading it since we returned from vacation, but it still hit me like a ton of bricks. sigh.
Things will settle down, it always does. It’s the beginning that’s the roughest.
So now, on to my gratitude. As always, when I take the time to notice, there are so many little (and BIG) things to be grateful for.
- having kids that are excited to be back in school. they all truly love it. it’s a bonus to have one at the same school as their dad.
- Fat Cow – the food was tasty and its fun to say. FAT COW. and their logo is pretty awesome.
- a wonderful, loving caretaker for Ceci. She is one of those people who has a special gift with children.
- matching with friends. I’m addicted.
- my friends. I don’t think I need an explanation. it’s so nice to have people in my life to talk to and laugh with.
- elastic thread – I don’t know why I was every afraid of this. it’s wonderful and so incredibly easy to use. I’ve been dreaming up ways to use it.
- my inlaws, for spending the summer watching my kids. The time my kids spend with their grandparents is invaluable.
- this commercial because it makes me laugh every time (and I have a thing about possums – they gross me out, but I can’t look away)
- Having the courage to break out of my comfort zone. More on that later :)
My weekend may be filled with soccer games and laundry, but I’m going to make the best of it. I wonder if I can bring my crochet along to catch up on my grannies?
Happy weekend, friends. Make it a good one!!
**photos above are my favorite instagram photos from this week. you can find me at @artsycraftybabe