I'm not going to lie, this week was rough! It was the first full work week I've had in a long time. And it has been raining almost the entire time. Rain, rain, and more rain. I'm not going stir crazy, but I wish my kids could get out to exert some of their pent-up energy. They've been taking it out on each other, which in turn drives ME crazy. To top it all off, Ceci has strep throat. But you know what? The good things in my life far outweigh all the little annoyances.
Something I've resolved to do in the new year is be here more. I miss documenting the little things. When I look back, it's those little things that I tend to forget about, yet they always make me smile and are the bulk of what makes life so sweet. In an effort to do just that, I'm jumping back in with a 'gratitude friday' post. Boy, am I ever grateful that today is Friday - TGIF!!On this dreary, rainy Friday I am grateful for:
- completed projects
- happy purple pansies + bright green rye grass I see on my walks (when it isn't raining)
- making positive declarations ;-)
- starting new projects
- my red dot Toms
- hearing Ceci try out new words (can you believe? talking!!)
- curly hair (it loves all this humidity)
- laughing with friends over silly things
- staying dry
- king cake
- cancelled soccer practices & games due to soggy fields (a break is nice!)
- fitting in some sewing time
- keeping up with my 365, as challenging as it is (my photo taking skills are RUSTY)
Well, it may have been soggy, but overall I think it was a pretty good week.
Happy Friday, friends. Have a great weekend!!