It’s been a good week, I think. Busy for sure, but good.
Last weekend we went to the beach. On the drive down there I pulled out my gratitude journal. I started it 2 years ago. I’m ashamed to admit that I haven’t written in it nearly as much as I planned. After 2 years I thought I’d have it filled. It’s not even close. What can I say? Life gets busy and I forget to notice the little things. Or if I do notice them, I don’t take the time to jot them down. The funny thing is that when I so sit down to write a few things, they come flooding out. It just takes a little time and effort.
A few things that made it into my journal this week:
- a road trip to the beach with my family (even if Ceci screams a good portion of the way)
- returning home after a trip :)
- experiencing a thunderstorm on the beach while we were safe in our beds (I love being cozy in bed during a storm)
- having one of my patterns trend on craftsy *yay!!!
- long, stripey night gowns. i have two, this one and this one, that I love dearly. i can’t wait to slip one on in the evenings. so comfortable
- the smell of leather (I have a hide waiting for me...)
- getting *almost* all our school supplies in 1 shopping trip
- experiencing my kids’ excitement over a new school year
- Ruby’s lavender dog shampoo (i wish i could bathe her every day)
- piggy tails on little girls
- jalapeno pimento cheese on crackers
- getting in touch with deep feelings, figuring things out
- feeling sparked with creativity
- white jeans - my summer staple. what doesn’t go with white jeans?
- the anticipation of visiting with old friends
- salted dark chocolate
See? These things come pouring out - I think that’s enough for now.
Happy Weekend, Friends. Have a good one :)