Holy Cow! Christmas is only 2.5 weeks away! How can that be? I'm starting to panic. As of now, the only gifts I have are a few for the kids. We've pretty much cut out gift giving to the adults in our families, but I still have numerous nieces, nephews, and godchildren to buy for. I was going to make a few gifts for them, but I'm starting to rethink that. Just so you have an idea, here is the list of handmade gifts that I thought about making:
- bags for Lily's teachers (2)
- bag for an 8 yr old
- drawing cases (3)
- fairy princess skirts (2)
- appliqued onesie (1)
- some kind of food gifts which may require some appliqued kitchen towels(thinking chocolate covered pretzels)
- maybe some bath products
- top secret project for my peeps at work (still undecided, and I don't really use the term "peeps" in real life)
- and just for good measure, matching jumpers for my girls (with them 5 years apart, my window of matching attire is slim, so I had better take advantage of it now)
Is all this possible? I'm having my doubts. Serious doubts. I thought I'd be able to fit in a little work in the evening after the kids went to bed, but the boy and baby girl have decided that they don't want to sleep. They'd rather wear us down until we can go no more, then all crash in a heap on mom & dad's bed. Matt said that he'd take the kids away for a few hours on Saturday, which will help, but I have a feeling I'm going to be cutting some projects from my list. Ill probably be making the mad mall dash next weekend to fill in the gaps. Hello, Master Card!
Since today is Thursday, designated "Corners of my Home" day, here is a corner:
This is a corner of my mantle decorated for Christmas. It's fairly simple, but I like it. I like the sparkle of the shiny beads, the colors in the stockings, the glitter on the trees, and the contrast of red & green between the olive jar and poinsettias. I'm going to be a little sad when it's time to put all of this away.