It was a busy week as usual, but that’s nothing new. We managed to make it through with no major issues - all the homework was done, lunch money was paid, and everyone got to where they needed to be mostly on time. That’s pretty good considering it gets dark about as soon as we all get home. Though I dislike having less daylight to fit in a run, I don’t really mind the early darkness. I‘m an early morning person, so I appreciate leaving for work in the sunlight.
On this beautiful fall Friday, I am grateful for:
- cool fall weather. Fall is my favorite.
- the gorgeous golden fall sunlight - I can’t get enough of it.
- a healthy, able body. I’ve never been athletic, so every time I go for a run I surprise myself. I always end thinking, “did I just do that?”.
- the opening of Trader Joe’s in Baton Rouge. Chris, damn you for telling me about the white cheddar corn puffs!! I'll be running extra to work that crap off.
- as annoying as it is, the way Ruby tries to lick my face every time I lay on the ground to do crunches or stretch makes me laugh. Silly little dog. She loves me!
- Lily made the school basketball team :)
- 3 day weekend
- giggling about farts with Alex (it really is fun to get on his level from time to time)
- NO SOCCER PRACTICES OR BASEBALL GAMES!!! wheeeeeee! can you tell I’m excited about that? Basketball is here, but Matt coaches all the teams that my kids are on, so that doesn’t really involve me other than sitting in the bleachers to watch a game.
- my cleaned up and rearranged bedroom. I’m certain that I’m sleeping better now.
- positive news from Ava’s teacher and some good grades
- having a group of coworkers who are truly friends.
On the agenda this weekend is doing very little. Ava has been looking forward to watching the LSU game with her Daddy all week, so we’ll be doing that at home Saturday night. I’ll use that as an excuse to make party food for supper. I love party food. As a family of 6, it’s always a party, right?
Have a great weekend, friends!